Welcome

Bringing you the latest trends in high end outdoor furniture. It is my highest hope that you find this blog to be interesting and educational. I will bring you as much information as possible on the happenings of the upscale outdoor furniture market and keep you abreast of the latest industry trends and the best offerings available. Please feel free to add your comments if and when the spirit moves you. As well, feel free to offer any advice on what you believe could make this a better blog. I'm always listening!


Wednesday, October 20, 2010

It's Wednesday, and I am in love!

I have fallen in love with McKinnon and Harris.  This is estate furniture of fine quality!  You rarely see anything in the market place so exquisite.  William McKinnon Massie Jr. and Annie Harris Massie are creating outdoor furniture to last a lifetime.  Each piece is lovingly hand-crafted .  There is no mass production involved in these creations and it shows in the design of their exceptional furniture
Photograph courtesy McKinnon and Harris

The Du-VAL Alexander Collection is so beautiful, you will want to showcase it inside!


All Mckinnon and Harris furniture is powder coated with only the best finish.  For added durability, each piece is protected with a dry protective, epoxy primer.  This primer is the maximum protection against the elements and chipping or flaking.  The primer is followed by an architectural-grade topcoat for the most exceptional color retention and to provide additional protection against elements. 


Photography courtesy McKinnon and Harris
 The rich texture of the fabric along with the fabulous details make this Pavilion VI an instant classic.





The color palette is exceptional with twenty-one choices for frame finish.  Fabric colors range from canvas to jockey red and everything in between.


Photography courtesy McKinnon and Harris 
Not only is Ablemarle with round Adams big top a gorgeous combination for a dining table, it's available in 21 colors.  Ablemarle comes in one of the largest round table sizes I have seen for outdoor dining at 81 inches in diameter.  This outlandish size means you can seat 10 very comfortably!  This table is simply amazing!  It can be so hard to find a round table for exclusive outdoor use that is larger than 60 inches in diameter.






I rarely have issues editing myself when it comes to designers collections.  One or two immediately jump out at me and I say, "Yes...these are the collections I would like to share on my blog."  I could simply not edit myself with McKinnon and Harris.  I love, love, love every single collection they have created!



Photography courtesy McKinnon and Harris




There are certain pieces of furniture I must own and Philippe Starck's Ghost Chair is on the top of my list.  I dream about having a fabulous table with clear ghost chairs to place around it.  Well, now I have an addition to my list: The Camelback Sofa and Settee are to die for!


"Thank you!" to McKinnon and Harris for opening up a brand new showroom in New York City.  I know it will be a great success!




No comments:

Post a Comment