Welcome

Bringing you the latest trends in high end outdoor furniture. It is my highest hope that you find this blog to be interesting and educational. I will bring you as much information as possible on the happenings of the upscale outdoor furniture market and keep you abreast of the latest industry trends and the best offerings available. Please feel free to add your comments if and when the spirit moves you. As well, feel free to offer any advice on what you believe could make this a better blog. I'm always listening!


Saturday, July 17, 2010

To sleep, perchance to dream...

This past week has seen San Diego go from a gentle 60 degrees to the high 90’s. I do realize it is July in Southern California, but a 30 degree swing in such a short period of time is drastic. Really drastic for a Canadian girl who has lived in California since 1986 and never seems to get used to the hot summers but has become accustomed to wearing multiple sweaters when the temperature dips below 60F.

Adding to the sweltering heat outside has been the untimely discovery of a leak in the hot water pipe that runs right under my master bedroom/bath. Repairs are on the way but not until next Tuesday. I don’t have a thermometer to accurately predict the temperature in my bedroom but I do know that when I step on the floor it is excessively warm to on the feet in much the same way as sand at the beach on a very hot day.

"Ouch.. yes, ouch!!!"

This untenable situation has made me cranky, lazy and sleepless for a good deal of the past week. I keep dreaming of purchasing a bed that I could put outside; something that would give me a restful night sleep.

These dreams have lead me to the selection of some day/night beds that I think would be smashing for a relaxing afternoon of reading or for those more adventurous souls, without air conditioning, a restful nights sleep under the stars.


EDEN
Delicate curtains make it even more elegant and beautiful. This outdoor bed has quite a large size: 300x215x180 cm, so there is more than enough space for two persons. There are also dozens of colours to chose from. Please visit Ego Paris to get more information about this romantic daybed.












ELEVADA
This sleek and elegant design is the brain child of Jose A. Gandia Blasco. Constructed of Anodized aluminum and canvas of plastic fabric and
polyurethane foam rubber that is completely removable. Please visit the Gandia Blasco website to see this daybed and other daybeds in the collection.




DAYDREAM.
Yes, it's a single bed although purchasing more than one and placing them under a pergola with flowing draperies would create a dreamy south seas effect. Dedon captures the romantic spirit with their Daydream bed. In two finishes light and dark and twenty-eight different fabric choices.





WINDWARD
The synthetic wicker outdoor canopy bed.

It comes in a dark mahogany finish but the choices of fabrics are endless. The canopy pushes back to allow the light to enter the bed from above. This bed is a true queen size bed allowing for a cozy nights sleep for both you and your partner. This bed is manufactured by LaneVenture











I love all these options and with so many choices available, I just might not have to try and drag my California king size bed outside....

Happy Dreaming
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment