Welcome

Bringing you the latest trends in high end outdoor furniture. It is my highest hope that you find this blog to be interesting and educational. I will bring you as much information as possible on the happenings of the upscale outdoor furniture market and keep you abreast of the latest industry trends and the best offerings available. Please feel free to add your comments if and when the spirit moves you. As well, feel free to offer any advice on what you believe could make this a better blog. I'm always listening!


Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Beyond Plastic Forks, Paper Plates and The Red Plastic Cup

I admit it, I am not a fan of the paper plate. Yes, they can be really pretty and even practical at the park or beach, but at home? I'm a fan of table settings and linens. Like some woman love shoes I love tableware I know, weird but true. When I find something I love, I think my body goes though the same euphoric state as others may upon finding the perfect dress or purse. My mind will visualize the dinner table all dressed up!
________________________________________


Melamine..
________________________________________


Check it out.. They are primarily made with renewable plant fiber from bamboo, straw and rice hulls, they are completely food safe. and they look amazing...



Carbon steel and in assorted colours, each has a silver tipped edge.

Now that I'm sharing with you, let me share my other pet peeves; Plastic utensils,that tend to break as soon as you push down on them… Leaving you looking for the tine that has disappeared deep into the contents of your salad. Making you wonder, "Should I risk choking or use my fingers in a less than lady like way to find that little sucker?"



You can go formal or casual it all works because your not going to worry about breaking your flatware...
_____________________________________
Last but not least, the 16 ounce, usually red with white inside plastic beverage cup. Like most adults, I have fond memories of these cups from my university days. They where a staple at the on-prem pub at my school. I appreciate the nostalgia they engender and iconic status they enjoy but not on the dinning table.



Fresco frosted glass..



Shatterproof, yes they are and they look like the real thing..


______________________________________
Recycled Glass makes this a natural choice for your outdoor room. I firmly believe that a meal tastes better when it is served on a real plate that won't leak on your clothing. As well, cutting with a knife and fork made of something that will remain in the local landfill for thousands of years is not exactly environmentally friendly. And let's face it, there's nothing really like sipping wine out of a proper wine glass. So lets look at some alternatives to paper and plastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment