Welcome

Bringing you the latest trends in high end outdoor furniture. It is my highest hope that you find this blog to be interesting and educational. I will bring you as much information as possible on the happenings of the upscale outdoor furniture market and keep you abreast of the latest industry trends and the best offerings available. Please feel free to add your comments if and when the spirit moves you. As well, feel free to offer any advice on what you believe could make this a better blog. I'm always listening!


Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Never, plan your Blog at 2:00 in the morning ....

Good Morning from sunny, San Diego California! It’s a spectacular morning; the kind that makes you want to grab your coffee cup, laptop and dive right into some serious blogging. I spent a great deal of time last night researching new lines and looking for the latest trends in the outdoor lifestyle. I’m always on the lookout for the different, the unique, the WOW...


After a very long evening of reading and looking, I had a brain storm. I was going to write the best blog ever written! It was going to be so filled with helpful insight that I would land on the front page of DIGG, the Huffington post and next week, on the couch with Matt Lauer or maybe Lester Holt (Matt does take vacations.) I had put together the concept of …


Drum ROOOOLLLLLL....... please!!


Fashion designers beware; Jane Bassi is on to you and will expose your need to brand everything from purses to pillows. I was aghast when I looked at the Fendi Outdoor Furniture line. Were they kidding? Like the child of a rock star who may or may not be talented, given the opportunity to perform based on their parents talents and name. "Hmmmm", I smugly thought as I stumbled in the dark looking for the plug to charge my iPhone.


"Did they think that because they make Couture and sunglasses that they could enter my sacred world of outdoor living?"


I think not.


I was going to blow the lid of this furniture nepotism. Then something happened...


I slept.


When I awoke, my bravado was not what it had been at 2:00 AM with my mind swirling around in a million different directions.


"What if I offend someone? What if the people at Fendi read my scathing yet witty dialogue."


Like a ton of bricks, it hit me.


As an outdoor stylist, I am always preaching that everyone has a different idea of beauty. Taste is individual and while I might not love something, I have to look at it and give it a chance. Not every piece of furniture is going to tell me the story I want to hear but it might speak loudly to someone else.






Ladies, and I do hope a few gentlemen...


I introduce to you the Fendi Outdoor Furniture collection...



The Fendi "Love" Sofa for Two..














The Fendi hand woven chaise lounger with cushion.









To view more of the Fendi Casa Outdoor collection please view the Fendi webite

No comments:

Post a Comment