Welcome

Bringing you the latest trends in high end outdoor furniture. It is my highest hope that you find this blog to be interesting and educational. I will bring you as much information as possible on the happenings of the upscale outdoor furniture market and keep you abreast of the latest industry trends and the best offerings available. Please feel free to add your comments if and when the spirit moves you. As well, feel free to offer any advice on what you believe could make this a better blog. I'm always listening!


Friday, July 23, 2010

Funky Friday becomes... Funky Saturday morning!

What a week it's been!

The pipe under the house is finally fixed. Two days without water, jackhammers, welding tools and a few words heard from the tradesmen that made me blush!

With the temperature falling back into the normal range inside the house, the temperature outside played a cruel joke and also fell back down the 30 degrees it had increased over the last week.

Hmmmmmm... I sense a conspiracy!

All in all, however, things are slowly getting back to normal. The floor in my bathroom will need to be replaced as it is down to the concrete. The new cement that has been poured in the master-bedroom closet is drying but due to the ambient temperature being cooler, much, much slower than I had anticipated. Perhaps soon, I will be able to put the carpet back down and get the door back on.

Maybe, I’ll be able to turn off the four circular fans that have been strategically placed around my bed, in hopes of catching that elusive breeze in the night.

I am sooooooooo ready for this week to be over and the next one to begin. I know I need to have a little fun so let us look at some pieces I have found that made me think of Alice and her visit though the looking glass, where everything was BIG!




Grazie! Graziano Moro and Renato Pigatti Graziano for creating your Queen Of Love baroque style chairs, made of eco-friendly recyclable linear polyethylene in eight eye- catching colors; pink, red, mandarin, yellow, green, celestial, black and white - all of which are UV resistant. I think the queen of hearts would be jealous of this chair. Read all about the designers and see the chairs at Designsoflove





No your eyes are not playing tricks on you. The chair is a regular size folding chair the lights are just really, really big! Available in two towering heights – 6'8" and 7'10" – Amax is the antithesis of discreet outdoor lighting.

The iron base and aluminum stem are protected with a cataphoresis coating (similar to what’s used on cars) with a matte grey finish. Designed by Charles Williams for fontanaarte












The desk lamp grows and grows and grows up! Designed by Centro Stile for ItreUSA, it is just like a desk lamp with an articulating arm and body for directional placement. The arm pivots 165° in each direction, and the diffuser rotates 150° as well on the vertical axis. Equipped with 30 feet of wire for hard wiring.















Our Alice through the looking glass theme, would not be complete without a game of chess. I think even the white queen would approve of these 72" chess pieces. Crafted out of Teak wood, they will stand up to all types of weather. Giantchess makes them in a variety of sizes and out of molded plastic as well as teak wood. What a great way to spend an afternoon outdoors!

No comments:

Post a Comment