Welcome

Bringing you the latest trends in high end outdoor furniture. It is my highest hope that you find this blog to be interesting and educational. I will bring you as much information as possible on the happenings of the upscale outdoor furniture market and keep you abreast of the latest industry trends and the best offerings available. Please feel free to add your comments if and when the spirit moves you. As well, feel free to offer any advice on what you believe could make this a better blog. I'm always listening!


Friday, December 10, 2010

Staach

I found these great pieces while looking for some updated and eco-friendly products the other day.  I fell head over heel in love!  The simplicity of the table and chairs and the beauty of the furniture thoroughly impress me.

I  see a design similarity between the Cain chairs and  the Eames Herman Miller "Plywood" Chair.  That perception makes these chairs all the more fabulous in my book because I love mid century modern.

Designed for Staach by Seth Eshelman, the Cain collection is hand crafted out of eco-friendly red and white domestic maple. The finishes are all lead free.  Formaldehyde-free non-toxic wood glue is used along with water borne clear and colored lacquer.  Indeed,  an eco-friendly product that can proudly say it's been approved by the FSC.  ( The Forest Stewardship Council ) 

All fabrication for these pieces is simple and done completely in-house with a limited use of only two tools. This extreme reduction in tool use has helped achieve an even higher level of sustainability by not using more human energy.  The colours are great!  Mix and match the table with some bright chairs.  The possibility of cushions is left to the buyer.  However, I would leave this furniture without cushions so as to not hide the beautiful lines!

No comments:

Post a Comment