Welcome

Bringing you the latest trends in high end outdoor furniture. It is my highest hope that you find this blog to be interesting and educational. I will bring you as much information as possible on the happenings of the upscale outdoor furniture market and keep you abreast of the latest industry trends and the best offerings available. Please feel free to add your comments if and when the spirit moves you. As well, feel free to offer any advice on what you believe could make this a better blog. I'm always listening!


Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Movie And A Room

"Look, Dave, I can see you're really upset about this. I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill and think things over. I know I've made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal. I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission. And I want to help you." ~ Hal-9000


2001 - A Space Odyssey is one of my all-time favorite movies and Stanley Kubrick is one of my all-time favorite directors.  Having grown up in the space age, 2001 gave me the power to dream big.  That is to dream of the possibility that we are not alone and that, one day, we will reach out across the incomprehensible vastness of space and time and find other civilizations. Sir Arthur C. Clarke wrote this epic screenplay in conjunction with Stanley Kubrick in 1968 yet it feels timeless and could easily have been made in the last 20 years. The movie's relevance remains perpetual.  Of course, the CGI would be better but not by much since the Kubrick's attention to detail in realism was near fanatical.  The film became a classic on its day of release and has since caused much discussion on its underlying messages to humanity.  It was a gift from a couple of rare talents to the world.




The late sixties and all it's ultra modern furniture is still popular today... 



Updated versions of the famous Djinn chairs.





1.Art Mely brings the rich red seating and table set. Fateuil comes in an impressive array of colours and includes a sofa and coffee tables.



2. Clip arm chair is rotational molded plastic available through Gandia Blasco 


3. I'm dreaming designed by Dominic Symons, is a clever, clean looking chair.  I'm dreaming is made in a single piece of double-walled rotational molded polyethylene. Available from Max Designs  

4.From Vondom, the Doux Butaca 





That was then and this is now! Jamie Hayon of bdBarcelona shows us that something can be reborn and look every bit as good as it did almost 50 years ago.




 .




Even if you have never had the good fortune of seeing 2001, this line might be familiar to you:

Hal-9000 is the computer that runs the ship and the mission.  I couldn't believe it when I saw this table and thought, "Hal"!

The O-Zon table by Royal Botania - This fabulous table can accommodate an umbrella and the center portion is a lazy-susan making it easy to pass things around the table.






Baroque style furniture all from JSPR Plastic Fantastic line


Mirror from Ikea


The Ball chair and stool combine to save space in your patio. When the set is stacked, it forms a solid geometric sphere that offers both function and form. Fulfill your fantasies with this set of designer decor!  Modani makes all of your outdoor dreams come true!

Black and White rug comes in a ton of sizes and is perfect for indoor outdoor use.  Available though C S N Rugs






No comments:

Post a Comment