Welcome

Bringing you the latest trends in high end outdoor furniture. It is my highest hope that you find this blog to be interesting and educational. I will bring you as much information as possible on the happenings of the upscale outdoor furniture market and keep you abreast of the latest industry trends and the best offerings available. Please feel free to add your comments if and when the spirit moves you. As well, feel free to offer any advice on what you believe could make this a better blog. I'm always listening!


Friday, September 10, 2010

Funky Friday

I picked a few pieces this week that are functional and pretty but especially fun!

The Shadowy Deckchair and Sunny Longer sunbed evoke a memory of times gone by, with a contemporary twist.

A digitally drawn color pattern, each piece is hand woven by African craftsmen using colored plastic threads. On the ends of each chair you will see a ruffle and the ruffle on the Deckchair can be shaped into a personal parasol.



On the longer Sun Bed the ruffle becomes a head rest! This is simply genius! These pieces are created by Tord Boontje for Moroso



I think I love everything that Lebello does, they offer color and each piece is fun to look at. But the Chumy chaise lounger is my absolute favorite.

The frame is constructed out of aluminum and the weave comes in a large variety of colors -in both brights and neutrals. Lebello does offer a cushion for the Chumy chaise but I think it looks fantastic as is.





I see the contour of the human form in this chaise lounger. It is quite a comfort for the eyes and this is paramount to the piece. I also like that it would works with so many other collections for additional chaises placed around a pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment