Welcome

Bringing you the latest trends in high end outdoor furniture. It is my highest hope that you find this blog to be interesting and educational. I will bring you as much information as possible on the happenings of the upscale outdoor furniture market and keep you abreast of the latest industry trends and the best offerings available. Please feel free to add your comments if and when the spirit moves you. As well, feel free to offer any advice on what you believe could make this a better blog. I'm always listening!


Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Why do I do this?

I picked up an interesting magazine the other day entitled - Homes on the Water - where everyday is a vacation.  Great magazine if you can find it.  I highly recommend taking a look though it for idea's on space planning and conceptualizing your vision.  But it also made me think...

When you look though a magazine for ideas, most publishers don't include the vendor in the photographs. This thought leads me into the title of my blog today:

"Why, do I do this?"


Well, for starters, I have a passion for outdoor furniture and outdoor living.  The freedom of being in the outdoor space and helping others realize their dream outdoor room simply makes me happy.

Though my years of working in the outdoor industry, I noticed that while most outdoor furniture retailers carry a large selection of furniture, they generally limit their associations to seven to ten vendors.

When I thought about that one day, it blew my mind.  The reality is that there are thousands of outdoor furniture manufactures.  The manufactures commonly represented on the showroom floors are usually the companies that have the larger advertising budgets and the name recognition that goes along with the larger budgets.

Is that to say that the furniture is not the best quality?

Absolutely not!  The furniture is great quality but it might not be what you are looking for.

I want to show consumers choices.

I want people to be able to see all the collections available to them through the eyes of someone who loves outdoor furniture - someone who does not benefit from pushing one brand over another.

By starting A Room Without Walls, I find myself able to showcase and give consumers a view of collections they might not have been able to see thought their local outdoor living retailers or even magazine ads.  New and fresh companies that have a passion for outdoor living are creating some AMAZING furniture and accessories.

So, Why, do you do this?
 
I do what I love and I love what I do.  Period.

I get to share some of the most beautiful furniture in the world with my guests at A Room Without Walls  and that is not a bad way to spend the day!

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment