Welcome

Bringing you the latest trends in high end outdoor furniture. It is my highest hope that you find this blog to be interesting and educational. I will bring you as much information as possible on the happenings of the upscale outdoor furniture market and keep you abreast of the latest industry trends and the best offerings available. Please feel free to add your comments if and when the spirit moves you. As well, feel free to offer any advice on what you believe could make this a better blog. I'm always listening!


Thursday, March 24, 2011

Farewell Liz...

Elizabeth Taylor inspired so many fantastic characters, choosing one today was next to impossible.  I decided that I had to do an homage to National Velvet.

I don't remember the first time I saw that movie but I know it sparked a desire not only to ride but to own a horse.  Something my beloved father was more than willing to do for me as a young girl.  Like so many other things we desire in life, if it is not a true love and desire, we let it go and move onto the next thing.  I did, but I have never forgotten the pure joy of watching the movie.







Such a beautiful face


The most beautiful Liz!




Dining Table and Chairs  Atlanta Collection 

Pillow   Kaleidoscope

Plates Bowl and Cups   Kaleidoscope Collection

Table Linens  Spring 2011 Series 

Napkins  Acapulco 

Rug  Floral 2 Tone


I said I had a hard time choosing one film from Elizabeth Taylor's body of work.  I thought of Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, Giant, Who's Afraid of Virgina Wolf , The Taming Of The Shrew, Cleopatra and my all time favorites Father Of The Bride and Fathers Little Dividend.  However, one movie she made always stood slightly apart from the others for me - Butterfield 8.

I know, I know - Elizabeth Taylor playing a call girl!  Wow, she was truly amazing in that role!







Table and Chairs  Atlanta Collection

Napkins,Table Runner,Napkin-rings,and Place Mats.  Fall Collection

Flatware  Wallace Gold Plated Grand Duchess

Dinnerware  Raynaud Marie Antoinette

Glassware  Vittoria Gold Collection







Rug  Venice Cream and Black

Chaise Lounger  Atlanta Collection

Throw Pillows  The Black and White collection

Umbrella  Lattice 

String lights  Amber Glob Lights

 Umbrella  Paseo Umbrella

 Rug  Black Bella, Sawgrass Mills

No comments:

Post a Comment