Welcome

Bringing you the latest trends in high end outdoor furniture. It is my highest hope that you find this blog to be interesting and educational. I will bring you as much information as possible on the happenings of the upscale outdoor furniture market and keep you abreast of the latest industry trends and the best offerings available. Please feel free to add your comments if and when the spirit moves you. As well, feel free to offer any advice on what you believe could make this a better blog. I'm always listening!


Monday, March 28, 2011

Movie And A Room Monday


"If I had a 1,000,000 dollars
If I had a 1,000,000 dollars (chorus)
I'd buy you a green dress
but not a real green dress that's cruel (chorus)" 

~Barenaked Ladies




Happy Monday,



I picked a really hard one this week - The dress that Kira Knightly wore in Atonement. Her dress was voted the best film costume in a survey done by Sky Movies and British In-style magazine. I can't say that I agree with this choice. Nevertheless, I thought it would be interesting to try and create a room around the dress.


Little did I know, however, just how difficult it would be to try and find emerald green outdoor furniture.  With that being said, I refused to change my mind (I can be, stubborn like that!)  I did the best I could to find as many pieces that are emerald or fit the feel of the dress in my opinion.







Without further adieu, lets take a look at the room I have come up with.





I almost feel off my chair when I saw the green outdoor garden table which is constructed of wood and metal with a green finish.  The table was constructed in the 1920's and is uber fab!  Available at Ma(i)sonry  Napa Valley.

  • Three different interpretations of emerald green marble, anyone of them would make the perfect choice for a beautiful marble table top.  I suggest you seek out a local stone yard and see what is available.
  • Stackable injected polycarbonate chair in a single piece.  Ergonomic shape and attractive colours gives an appealing look to the Gyza chair.  Anti-UV stabilized. Suitable for indoor and outdoor use. 
  • Recycle your wine bottles and turn them into a unique outdoor torch with this copper stake and bottle wick set. Stake knocks down to 16" segments, allowing three choices for the height of the stake. Made in USA. Made for Uncommon Goods  Although if it was I think I would remove the label :)

  • Copper topped tables, are always gorgeous, especially when they start to patina into he greens. Everything Copper carries a huge line of copper tables, and beautiful bases. 








Beautifully handmade scrolled-iron table base made in Chicago, complimented by a stunning greenish marble top with interesting inclusions. This spectacular table would be equally appealing indoors or out. View the table and other pieces at Old  Plank Road











Four antique French iron bistro chairs. These chairs are in good original condition and would be ideal for use as a small table in one's breakfast nook, on a sunny veranda for early morning coffee, by the pool. Also available from Old Plank Road. 

Fabrics area from Schumacher Weather proof and ready to be used on all your outdoor furniture.

Ankasa offers these gorgeous toss pillows.  At twenty-five inches each, they are a substantial size for curling up in the late afternoon for a nap.  I've worked with the folks at Ankasa, FABULOUS!


In the collection below, it's not about the color but about the drape of the fabric.  Cedric Ragot has designed the chairs for Qui-is-Paul.  They are created out of rotational molded polyethylene.


































Take me to the bar...

Cocktail shakers all provided by Cocktail Shakers

Art Deco decanter and glasses available at AtlantaAntiqueGallery

Mad Men vintage martini glasses where available though Fabricated Family.  Unfortunately, they are sold out.  However, they do have other vintage pieces that are really cool.




So, there you have it... Enjoy the rest of your Monday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment