Welcome

Bringing you the latest trends in high end outdoor furniture. It is my highest hope that you find this blog to be interesting and educational. I will bring you as much information as possible on the happenings of the upscale outdoor furniture market and keep you abreast of the latest industry trends and the best offerings available. Please feel free to add your comments if and when the spirit moves you. As well, feel free to offer any advice on what you believe could make this a better blog. I'm always listening!


Saturday, February 12, 2011

I love pink so much I would marry it if I could!!!

"Pink isn't just a color, it's an attitude." ~ Miley Cryus

When I found out Pantone had  chosen Honeysuckle as their colour of the year, I have to admit, I was pretty nonplussed.  It's a beautiful colour but how much of pink do you really want to use in an outdoor area before you become bee food?






As an accent, sure I could see that but doing a whole space?

Hmmmm...
Not so much.







I put the thought aside, not paying much attention for the last few months. Then yesterday, I started looking for new bed linens, and was immediately drawn to pink.  It's my favorite colour.  A pale pink makes me soooooooo happy :)



I spent a great deal of time on Garnet Hill, Pine Cone Hill and The Company Store websites.  I know what I like - crisp percale sheets, thread count should be between 250 and 350 and anything above that is simply throwing money to the wind.  I take a pass on Sateen.  While the hand (the feel) is fabulous, I like the crisp cool feeling of percale.  Having designed bedroom/bathrooms of some San Diego most influential, I know my linens.  I'm still thinking about what direction to take my bed in but it's got me thinking about pink.



I visited Lily Pulitzer.  (OMG! I love Lily)  The sunny colours and patterns inspired me.











I started looking for all that is pink.
I admit, I was surprised by all the items I was able to find.  When I checked the mail yesterday afternoon, I received my House Beautiful magazine and to my utter surprise the latest issues is called The Power Of Pink.

It was a sign!!!

I knew, I had to write my blog all about pink!







Umbrella by Santa Barbara

Flowers provided by the amazing Che Bella Fiori

Chaise lounger and club chair by Room Service

And so much more!!!






Pink everywhere!  

If you happen to subscribe to House Beautiful take a look at the gazillion things they are featuring in shades of pink.

Have a happy Weekend

Jane


No comments:

Post a Comment