Welcome

Bringing you the latest trends in high end outdoor furniture. It is my highest hope that you find this blog to be interesting and educational. I will bring you as much information as possible on the happenings of the upscale outdoor furniture market and keep you abreast of the latest industry trends and the best offerings available. Please feel free to add your comments if and when the spirit moves you. As well, feel free to offer any advice on what you believe could make this a better blog. I'm always listening!


Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Pasha! You are testing my affections...

My love and loyalty is being tested!

I can't believe that after all these years someone could be so "cruel" as to design a chair that makes me weak at the knees and is obviously intended to vie for my affections! A chair that is causing me to question my love and devotion  to the one piece of furniture I have coveted for years: the Louis Ghost Chair

Quite simply, the chair of my dreams.

Each year I try and budget for the perfect round table that will seat at least ten people.  That table will have ten Louis Ghost Chairs designed by Philippe Starch for Kartell  to comfortably place around.


Until I find the table of my dreams, I will not sully the aesthetic of the chair with a "just for now" table.  I know the table in my mind.  Its just that I have not had the good fortune of meeting him in person.

At least not yet...


But wait...  What's this?

A dreamy chair that has awakened a new desire. I fell head over heels in love with the Pasha chair minutes after laying eyes on him!  Here I was, minding my own business, taking a look at Pedral  to see what new and inspirational furniture they where offering for the new season and...

BOOOOOOOM!
 
Just like that! 

It was the the design team of Claudio Dondoli and Marco Pocci that virtually introduced me to their Pasha!



Claudio Dondoli and Marco Pocci have worked with Pedali on many projects prior to Pasha and met while studying Architecture in Florence.

They first opened an architectural firm which, ultimately,  led them to a shared desire to create industrial design pieces.


They own the design studio Archirivolto located in Colle d’Elsa which is smack dab in the heart of Tuscany. (I can only imagine how fabulous it must be!)









These chairs are available in fume, black, white and transparent polycarbonate.

Are they not fabulous?!

It takes me forever to make my mind up regarding my personal space.  I know what I like and I want what I like and I never settle.  So me knowing me, it will still be a while before I find that elusive table. 

Of course this only gives me plenty of time to sort out my feelings for the Ghost Chair and Pasha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment