Welcome

Bringing you the latest trends in high end outdoor furniture. It is my highest hope that you find this blog to be interesting and educational. I will bring you as much information as possible on the happenings of the upscale outdoor furniture market and keep you abreast of the latest industry trends and the best offerings available. Please feel free to add your comments if and when the spirit moves you. As well, feel free to offer any advice on what you believe could make this a better blog. I'm always listening!


Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Seven Year Itch

"""   We are all of us stars, and we deserve to twinkle."   
 ~Marilyn Monroe

 
Marylin Monroe, standing over the subway grate in The Seven Year Itch, is clearly one of the most famous scenes in cinematic history.  Let's see what I can pull together this week to merge that iconic scene with furniture and accessories for an outdoor living space!




The Breezer and the Paddo parasols are both created by Sywawa.  I can see the flow and movement of the dress being lifted up by the air in the subway grate as they flow in a breeze. 

 
The Tulip umbrella by Shademakers looks upside down but when it goes up it casts a fabulous shade.  Much like "The Girls" skirt flies up standing over the subway grate






Ron Arad Ripple chair For Moroso The frame of Ripple Chair is made of white polished and natural injection-molded thermoplastic.  This frame is perfect for the flowing dress created by William Travilla - the man who designed and dressed Marilyn Monroe for some of her most famous roles.




I found these chairs and was delighted!  They have the look I was hoping to achieve.  Domenico De Palo has covered the aluminum structures of the Havana chair with a removable fabric called Cordura®.  Thankfully, it can be  washed! See these chairs at Vital Furniture
















Designer Patrica Urquiola's Frilly chair for Kartell  and Marcello Ziliani Azhar chairs and Atalas table for Caprini are fabulous examples of the look I would like to achieve. 





Accessories and lighting :
Gandi Blasco  rugs looks similar to pearls.  Lots and lots, of pearls!  Below that is a cool rug from Overstocked.com.  When I saw it, it reminded me of a subway grate with style. 

The Moon Jelly is a stunning lighting fixture that would be perfect in a cabana or well sheltered pergola.  The Soji hanging lamp is solar powered and it does have the appearance of it's close cousin Le Klint without the cords.  :)




I think we did a great job finding furniture and accessories that would compliment the dress from the Seven Year Itch.  I want to make this blog a weekly feature.

If you have a favorite movie, let me know and I will do my very best to pull together a look!

Jane :)

No comments:

Post a Comment